WestRock Material Handler in Toronto, Canada
Material Handler-Toronto, Ontario
2220 Midland Ave, 50 Administration Isle
Toronto, Ontario, M1P 3E6
We are seeking a Material Handler who will be an integral part of our Team.
How would you impact WestRock:
- Receive, count, move, and stage all materials forproduction jobs or warehouse as noted on job tickets and schedules in a safe,timely, and efficient manner.
- Perform all transactions associated withinventory receipt and movement in hard copy and electronic format.
- Participatein cycle counts of inventory and full physical inventory counts.
- Operatescounterbalance and reach lift equipment.
- Unloads deliverytrucks and receives product into building, validating against paperwork.
- Performsreceiving transactions in system.
- Performsincoming inspection for paperboard.
- Rearrangeswarehouse as required to accommodate new receipts and keep product together.
- Deliversmaterials to production lines per job tickets and manufacturing schedule.
- Performstransactions necessary to track movement of materials.
- Performs cyclecounts and full physical inventory counts.
- Organizesproduction floor, keeping pallets of WIP together by job.
- Stages WIP inaccordance to manufacturing schedule.
- Prepares WIP tobe sent for outside processing as required.
- Wraps skids inaccordance to customer specifications.
- Performs transactionsas necessary to track movement of finished goods.
- PreparesFedEx/DHL/UPS packages for shipment.
- Performs allduties in accordance to safety rules, Good Manufacturing Process (GMP) andStandard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Maintains liftequipment in accordance to SOP’s.
- Performs otherduties as assigned.
What you need to succeed:
Must have high school diploma or G.E.D.Must have 6-12 months’ related experience.Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Must have current certification to drive counterbalance and reach equipment. Must pass color vision test. Must have the ability to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test Must have experience in Outlook; Excel would be an asset.Must be able to learn and become proficient in the operating system.Must have the ability to operate FedEx and UPS meter machines.Must have good communication, comprehension (verbal & written) skills.Must have strong attention to detail.Must have the ability to manage time effectively. Must be self-directed and able to work with minimum supervision. Must have knowledge of loading techniques.Must be capable of maintaining good attendance. Must be able to work rotating shifts. Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
WestRock-MPS is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
As part of our commitment to accessibility for all persons with disabilities, WestRock-MPS will, upon the request of the applicant, provide accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure equal access to applicants with disabilities. Please contact Human Resources at 416-940-2421 about your needs, and we will consult with you to ensure suitable accommodation is provided. For all feedback on equity and accommodation needs, please contact Human Resources at the number listed.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.