WestRock Industrial Maintenance Mechanic in Spring Lake Park, Minnesota
WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock's 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Troubleshoot, repair and maintain packaging equipment. Maintain building and grounds. Skills you would develop in this career include: mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, welding/fabrication, boiler operation, relay logic, PLC's and more!
How you will impact WestRock:
* Follow all safety rules in accordance with company policies. * Communicate well with Supervision and co-workers * Troubleshoot and repair packaging equipment. * Perform preventive maintenance duties. * Perform inventory management and controls. * Maintain building and grounds. * Perform other duties as assigned.
Applicants for this position must be...
* Willing to work 2nd (3pm-11pm), or 3rd (11pm-7am), shift. * Willing to work mandatory overtime, 10-12 hour shifts and weekends, as needed
What you need to succeed:
* Ability to place at an acceptable level on the Maintenance Placement Assessment. * Background in welding, pipe fitting, pneumatic controls, air compressors, fabrication, hydraulic systems, maintenance of gas/oil boiler, and troubleshooting is highly desired. * Must obtain Special Boiler's License within first 3 months of employment.
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
* Ability to climb into and around tight quarters of machines. * Able to lift up to 50#'s regularly. * Able to lift and move up to 10#'s frequently. * Able to withstand prolonged exposure to high heat and humidity indoors (during the summer months), and cold winter weather for outdoor facilities maintenance, as needed. * Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, in the English language.
What we offer:
* Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence * Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities * An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential * A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Industrial Maintenance Mechanic
Minnesota-Spring Lake Park