WestRock Team Support Technician Utilities in Solvay, New York
Team Support Technician Utilities - Solvay, NY
53 Industrial Dr.
Syracuse, New York, 13204
WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Team Support Technician – Solvay, NY
Support the Mill and Operations Team by performing the following:
- Know and follow all safety, warehouse, and ISO policies/procedures
- Inspecting trailers – inside/outside, prior to loading
- Placing jack stands and chocks in appropriate positions on parked trailers
- Sweeping out railcars and trailers thoroughly
- Making sure dunnage is available to keep rolls of paper in position while traveling
- Paper roll re-dressing / slabbing
- Reviewing customs and shipping paperwork
- Outbound scaling / controlling dock activity (live loads, drop loads)
- Communicating with spotters at beginning of each shift on what trailers are needed
- Back-up scale admin for each shift
- Correcting hold tags and reassigning rolls
- Assist with physical inventory
- Securing railcar and trailer loads
- Entering drop loads into CMS during day shift
- Helping on paper machine during unplanned downtime
- Starch unloading
- Utilize various computer programs
- Conduct proper shift relief
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
What you need to succeed:
- High school diploma or equivalent and previous work experience.
- Ability to successfully train and advance in the pay-for-skills environment.
- Safety and quality-conscious work habits.
- Above average written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal and team skills.
- Must be computer literate with good understanding of Microsoft products and email.
- Ability to climb stairs, lift 40 pounds unaided, read & respond to Mill signs & information systems, hear/respond to Mill paging systems, alarm, and warning systems
- Tolerance for heat/humidity (summer months) & cold (winter months) environments
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Team Support Technician Utilities