WestRock Shipping Loader in Scarborough, Maine
About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com .
Shipping Loader- 2nd Shift, Scarborough, ME
16 Washington Ave
Scarborough, Maine, 04074
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS: This position reports to the Shipping Supervisor. The primary functions include loading/unloading trucks and movement of product within the plant.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Transport raw materials to the production equipment
· Loading and unloading trucks
· Prepare finished goods for shipping
· Clean work area and equipment regularly. Remove empty and or damaged pallets, wood and plastic. Empty trash cans.
· Maintain material handling equipment by performing safety checks, recharging, cleaning, oiling and other necessary actions, and record all information on log sheet.
· Record information regarding movement of raw materials, to and from the warehouse.
· Ability to organize and prioritize work
· Ability to multitask and handle a number of issues at one time
· Ability to make independent, effective decisions
· Work in a safe manner
· Must follow all safety procedures
· Must maintain housekeeping standards
· Perform other duties as required.
EXPERIENCE/REQUIRED SKILLS :
- Must be able to drive a forklift and clamp truck
- Must have mechanical ability
- Must be quality conscious
- Must be able to work independently
- Must be highly safety conscious.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS:
Previous experience in this field is preferred.
Must be familiar with the workings of machines and their components and have an aptitude for mechanical work.
Must be able to do simple math, including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
Must be able to read well enough to fully comprehend all forms and paperwork associated with this job.
Must be able to write legibly enough to fill out all forms and paperwork associated with this job.
Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, ramps, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms.Body agility is emphasized.
Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing, or crouching on narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces.
Bending legs at the knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.
Particularly for sustained periods of time.
Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward, or outward.
Using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul, or tug objects in a sustained motion.
Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to position. Lifting up to 50lbs required.
Exerting up to 10 pounds in force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body.Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
Must be able to see and inspect figures and objects clearly at distances close to the eyes and accurately determine small flaws or defects in said objects.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.