WestRock Sr. Analyst, Strategy in Richmond, Virginia
About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com .
At WestRock, we provide packaging solutions designed to give our customers a winning edge in the global marketplace. We partner closely with them to deliver the best value on everything from paperboard used for a wide variety of packaging and shipping containers to specialty packages, boxes and displays. We consider ourselves to be part of their team – as we strive for continuous improvement together. Every day, our 50,000 team members combine practical innovations and rigorous execution in more than 320 operating and business facilities across North America, South America, Europe and Asia-Pacific to deliver products and services that answer unique local needs.
WestRock is seeking an ambitious, energetic individual to join our strategy team in Richmond, Virginia. This role will support critical elements of our Consumer Packaging business and corporate strategy. The strategy team helps to shape strategy across the organization, working closely with our businesses and the enterprise to create insights and recommendations that helps us win in our markets and with our customers.
The successful candidate will play a critical role within the core Strategy team and broader cross-functional teams to address high-value questions and opportunities for our business. Specific responsibilities could include developing insights on industry structure, competitive trends, and market attractiveness; analyzing and understanding particular aspects of WestRock’s businesses and associated opportunities; screening and evaluating potential partners and acquisition candidates; and, supporting our strategy development process.
This position will develop analysis, presentations, and other materials for senior leadership and the Board of Directors. The role reports to and will work closely with the Senior Director, Strategy, who leads the strategy function for WestRock’s Consumer Packaging business.
This role provides a great level of visibility into our businesses and with our business leaders. It will also position the candidate for future leadership
How you will impact WestRock
· Strong thought leadership
o Analyze and understand complex strategic business issues
o Develop insights from rigorous fact-based analysis
o Formulate commercially-relevant recommendations
· Robust quantitative and modeling skills (including strong technical expertise in Excel)
· Strong PowerPoint and presentation skills
· Ability to communicate with senior management in a clear, logical manner
· Comfortable within a fast-paced, deadline-driven and changing environment
· Possessing outstanding personal characteristics – a high level of integrity, confidence, strong initiative taking, the ability to get agreement/buy-in, and a team-oriented work ethic
What you need to succeed
Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Math, Engineering or related discipline is preferred
Three to seven years’ work experience, ideally in an analytical environment
Experience in management consulting, investment banking, strategy, corporate development or other related role is strongly preferred.
MBA although not required is highly desirable
What we offer:
· Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
· Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
· An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
· A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Sr. Analyst, Strategy