WestRock Finance Analyst for North American Beverage Division in Richmond, Virginia
About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com .
Finance Analyst for North American Beverage Division - Richmond, VA
501 South 5th St
Richmond, Virginia, 23219-0501
WE ARE WESTROCK
Nice to meet you! With operations around the world and expertise in every shopping category, we focus on working with brands to help them win across the board by providing an unbeatable portfolio of paper and packaging products. WestRock focuses daily on sustainability, safety and inclusion as well as values and behaviors that contribute to the success of our company.
As the Financial Planning & Analytics Analyst of the North American Beverage Business, this individual is responsible for supporting the preparation, delivery and communication of Financial Actuals, Forecasts, and Plan. This individual will work closely with the Financial Lead to explain variances, educate the organization on profit drivers and opportunities, and drive improvements in the bottom line.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Support of month-end reporting and monthly forecasting with analysis and related comments, distribution, and communication
- Develop understanding of business profitability and key model drivers to deliver profitable growth and margin expansion targets
- Support the Development of the Annual Plan with tactical actions to deliver results aligned with strategic objectives
- Support finance functional excellence objectives to improve processes, tools and capabilities
- Create, maintain and continuously improve forecasting processes based on key operational inputs to accurately predict future performance
- Partner with IT to maintain and support profitability Qlikview applications
Financial Reporting/Internal Control Systems
- Partner with Controller’s organization to develop timely and accurate results
- Maintain appropriate internal controls
- Support the SGA BU’s in the regions with monitoring and analyzing costs actuals, and developing gap closure plan as necessary
Continuous Margin Improvement
- Create reporting/evaluation process to drive accountability for performance and appropriate corrective action to deliver business plan
- Provide metrics and analysis to identify and track margin improvement projects
- Report out to business leadership on project status
- Drive long term profit growth through special projects
What you need to succeed:
- BS or BA degree in Finance or Accounting required
- 2-5 years’ work experience with a minimum of 2+ years of relevant analysis experience
- Ability to effectively organize and analyze large data volumes
- Strong problem-solving skills, attention to accuracy, passion for improvement
- Ability to work independently, balancing routine responsibilities with ad hoc requests
- Strong Excel; JD Edwards and Hyperion/Essbase a plus
- Ability to advance to a leadership role
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Finance and Accounting
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Finance Analyst for North American Beverage Division