WestRock Plant Journeyman Electrician in Portland, Oregon
WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 36,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 240 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe and Asia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Electrician, Portland, OR
· Installs power supply wiring and conduit for newly installed machines and equipment such as robots, conveyors, and programmable controllers.
· Connects power supply wires to machines and equipment, and connects cables and wires between machines and equipment.
· Diagnoses malfunctioning apparatus such as transformers, motors, I/O cards, encoders, other automation components and replaces damaged or broken wires and cables.
· Tests malfunctioning machinery and discusses malfunction with other maintenance workers, to safely, quickly and efficiently diagnose malfunction.
· Replaces faulty electrical components of machine such as relays, switches, and motors, and positions sensing devices.
· Diagnoses and repairs or replaces faulty electronic components, such as printed circuit boards.
· Replaces electric motor bearings and rewires motors.
· Pushes buttons and presses keys on robot controller, teach pendant, and programmable controller to program automated machinery, such as robots, to operate automated machinery, to test for malfunctions, and to verify repairs.
· Plans layout of wiring and installs wiring, conduit, and electrical apparatus in buildings.
· Diagnoses and replaces faulty mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic components of machines and equipment.
How you will impact WestRock:
You will install and repair electrical control systems, apparatus, and electrical and electronic components of industrial machinery and equipment by using your strong industrial electrician experience.
What you need to succeed:
· At least 5 years of experience as an industrial electrician working with automated systems & troubleshooting industrial automated equipment.
· An operational knowledge of automated industrial machinery which includes; motors, servos, drives, relays, 3 phase power, communication devices, industrial / electronic controls and power transmission systems.
· A strong trouble shooting and problem solving ability with practical, mechanical & electrical aptitude.
· Troubleshoot and repair mechanical drives including calibration and proper alignment of drive motors and couplings.
· Read and understand basic electrical control schematics and use electrical test equipment, troubleshoot and repair electrical control circuits on all plant equipment including power distribution, lighting, HVAC, conveyor systems, auxiliary equipment, machine logic control circuits, and I/O interfacing to electronic systems.
· Understand basic electrical safety.
· Troubleshoot and repair power transmission/distribution equipment (circuits, 480 volt VAC switch gear, transformers, fuses, circuit breakers), motor starters (power and control), and relay control circuits.
· Read and understand drawings, troubleshoot and repair hydraulic and pneumatic mechanical systems including valves, solenoids, and manual and automatic controls including but not limited to press and finishing glue systems, banding line and corrugator hydraulics.
· Use machine shop and other tools such as power drills, reciprocating drill, band saw, reciprocating saw, table saw, hand grinder, bench grinder and surface grinder.
· Prior welding experience is preferred.
· Prior Corrugated experience is a plus, but not required
· Willing to work any shift and overtime as required.
· Must be able to read and interpret both US standard and European electrical and mechanical drawings.
· Must be fully computer literate with Microsoft environment.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to work independently in a mature and professional manner.
· Must be available for on-call situations requiring technical assistance.
What we offer:
· Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
· Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
· An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
· A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Plant Journeyman Electrician