WestRock Rewind Operator, 1st Shift in Patchogue, New York
About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com .
Rewind Operator, 1st Shift - Patchogue, NY
217 River Avenue
Patchogue, New York, 11772
Multi Packaging Solutions a WestRock Company (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
MPS Patchogue, NY
Rewind Operator – Patchogue, New York
The Patchogue facility is currently seeking a Rewind Operator for the 1st shift (7:30am-4:00pm) who will inspect each job for quality and rewind in compliance with customer specifications. Starting pay is $15.00 per hour, plus a competitive benefits package effective one month after date of hire.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Rewind product according to customer specifications and internal procedures.
- Visually inspect labels for defects.
- Assist supervisor/manager with decisions on quality when not clearly within defined parameters.
- Set up multiple slitter units.
- Slit down jobs.
- Responsible for product segregation to avoid cross contamination.
- Maintain inventory of rewind material and replenish as needed.
- Adhere to SOP's, procedures and work instructions.
- Set up and run the Label Vision System.
- Splice rolls together following customer's specifications.
- Maintain the Rewind equipment using the PM schedules.
- Follow procedures to setup and operate the back numbering equipment.
- Operate the table top rewind equipment when needed.
- Perform other job duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed:
- High school diploma or general education degree (G.E.D.) required.
- Two months’ related experience and/or training is preferred.
- Must have the ability to read and write instructions.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Must have strong mathematical skills (fractions, ratios, rulers and decimals).
- Must have good color perception and the ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Must be able to work well with others and in a high pressure environment.
- Must have good problem solving skills.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
- Must be able to flex schedule to meet the needs of production, including working a different shift if needed.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must have a proactive and creative approach to projects.
- Must pass color vision and hue test.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Rewind Operator, 1st Shift