WestRock JDE Functional Architect in Norcross, Georgia
About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com .
JDE Functional Architect - Finance - Norcoss, GA
3169 Holcomb Bridge Rd, Jefferson Plaza
Norcross, Georgia, 30071
JDE Functional Architect - Norcross, GA
- The Senior JDE Functional Architect will provide senior level solution architecture, enhancement, maintenance and support of the JD Edwards EnterpriseOne system at WestRock with a focus on the Financials modules. This includes the AR, AP, GL, FA and JC modules currently implemented.
- The ideal candidate will provide hands-on guidance, direction, solution design and quality assurance testing based on end-user requirements and senior level knowledge of the JDE ERP base functionality.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Work as an effective team member in various situations as circumstances dictate and specifically in merger and acquisition initiatives.
- Provide JD Edwards solution architecture, design and configuration services as required based on an in depth understanding of the JD Edwards application toolkit and related technologies.
- Perform requirements analysis, systems analysis and design work, creating appropriate documentation for use in estimating and specifying project work.
- Deliver strong JDE functional application designs and solutions through the ability to transform user requirements to program specifications and to communicate effectively with developers and end users throughout the process.
- Provide oversight for JDE Finance functional consultants engaged in project activities.
- Effectively communicate throughout the organization from end-users through senior level management. Ability to present complex concepts clearly in easily understood terms.
- Effectively manage relationships with end users, senior management, and within IT in a matrixed-resource environment.
- Efficiently troubleshoot and effectively isolate application issues vs. other issues and provide initial troubleshooting on JD Edwards application functionality issues with the user community and other IT teams supporting JD Edwards.
- Provide project leadership in the areas of functional design and testing.
- Perform mass data analysis for troubleshooting and implementation efforts.
- Work closely with the WestRock Financial Systems team to broker smooth transition of initiatives from project phase to support phase.
- Provide regular status updates to the IT Director, JDE and Enterprise Systems regarding workload, project status, priorities and issues/roadblocks needing resolution.
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) required/MBA strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 12 years of hands-on experience as a Business Systems Analyst or Solution Architect for the JD Edwards EnterpriseOne application, specializing in the full suite of Financials modules: Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, General Ledger, Fixed Assets and Job Cost.
- Experience in a large-scale, high availability manufacturing environment with a global user base, including LATAM, APAC and EMEA.
- Expert-level knowledge of JD Edwards applications functionality with a focus on Financials and the relationship between Financials and the core Distribution modules: Purchasing, Sales, Inventory and Transportation.
- Expert-level knowledge of JD Edwards integration points such as BI Publisher, EDI, Scale Systems, Oracle Transportation Management (OTM), webMethods and other 3rd party Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES).
- Experience in a heavy merger and acquisition environment on a global scale.
- Experience in a multi-currency, multi-language, global financial environment with heavy intercompany and intracompany transaction processing across legal entities.
- Knowledge of Hyperion: FDMEE, HFM, ESSBASE, DRG, DRM.
- Ad hoc data gathering and manipulation skills using SQL or Data Access Studio (DAS).
- Ability to gather detailed user requirements and create functional solution designs in supporting the JD Edwards software and its interfaces to other WestRock systems.
- Execute creation of detailed functional specification documents based on business requirements.
- Work closely with the technical development team, implementation managers and Financial Systems teams to develop, test and implement change requests.
- Hands on experience in the JDE OMW toolset for configuration and transfer of objects.
- Develop and thoroughly document test plans to ensure that all system changes are working as specified before implementation in the production systems.
- Provide effort estimates based on an understanding of user requirements for changes or enhancements to the JD Edwards system and related interfaces.
- Provide evaluation of the feasibility of user requests.
- Where required, recommend a project charter be written by the requestor.
- For maintenance, support and small enhancements, provide day-to-day prioritization and guidance to personnel bearing in mind longer-term strategies and system maintainability.
- Communicate regularly with the user community, working with the Director IT, JDE and Enterprise Systems, Director of Financial Systems and Acquisition Integration Project Managers to set priorities, communicate status, document issues and manage expectations.
- Provide training and knowledge transfer for implementation, support and development team members.
- Use working knowledge of JDE CNC functions, security framework, the JDE E1 technical development toolkit – E1 Pages, CAFEOne, Watch Lists, etc. – in the solution design process.
- Ability to work within complex project team environments; adhering to project schedules, goals and governance.
- Knowledge of Agile, Scrum and project methodologies; ability to ensure project governance steps are adhered to.
What we offer:
- A corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence.
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities.
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential.
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
JDE Functional Architect