WestRock Maintenance Mechanic in Milpitas, California
Maintenance Mechanic - Milpitas, CA
201 S. Hillview Dr
Milpitas, California, 95035
WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com .
The opportunity :
Maintenance Mechanic to perform routine and extensive preventative maintenance and repair procedures on electrical and mechanical systems involving production equipment and plant systems.
How you will impact WestRock :
- Perform skilled and semi-skilled maintenance activities depending upon area of assignment including performing basic trade activities such as electrical, plumbing, and carpentry work
- Performs minor and major repair of all buildings and equipment
- Repairs electrical equipment/systems and control circuits; and replaces faulty electrical equipment as needed. This troubleshooting element is inclusive of Three Phase Motors and Programmable Logical Controls (PLC) applications
- Installs electrical wiring and equipment; new electrical services; and replaces repairs wiring as needed (including computer cable)
- Consults with Maintenance Manager, as needed, on electrical services; and, assigned, serves in a project coordination role monitoring the activities of outside contractors
- Maintains and repairs a variety of hand power tools ensuring they are in a safe and efficient working order
- Performs preventative maintenance procedure on mechanical equipment on a scheduled basis; inspects belts; checks fluid levels, replaces filter, greases bearings, seals, etc.; repairs or replaces broken parts
- May operate a computer which controls and monitors mechanical equipment and utility systems
- Calibrates and repairs pneumatic systems and other mechanical systems on production equipment to assure optimum performance of that production process
- Completes daily, weekly, and monthly checklists on building equipment maintenance procedures and maintains records of scheduled maintenance procedures
- Other duties as assigned
What you need to succeed :
- 3 years' experience as a Mechanic in an industrial environment.
- Educational background including associates degree, trade school or apprenticeship in maintenance highly considered, extensive experience in lieu of education also recognized.
- Must have a strong working knowledge of relay logic and be capable of applying this knowledge in the troubleshooting of the PLC's in the production equipment.
- Must have a strong understanding of NFPA 70E standards and be capable of applying these standards in the work situation.
- Must be computer literate with a willingness to be an effective contributor to the plant's global producing optimum quality and outstanding service levels to our customers through effective teamwork.
- Flexible to work 1st, 2nd, or 3rd shifts - daily overtime, weekend work.
- Works in a safe manner and complies with all safety rules.
What we offer:
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are
business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce:
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.