WestRock Maintenance Mechanic in Lake Mary, Florida
WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock's 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
WestRock, located in Lake Mary Florida is seeking a highly motivated individual to work in our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility.
We are currently seeking to fill the following position:
Maintenance Mechanic "A"
2nd Shift 1:30pn to 10:00pm
WestRock prides itself on delivering outstanding product quality to its customers while providing opportunity and job satisfaction to its employees. WestRock is an equal opportunity employer that offers the following:
* Competitive Salary and Full Time Employment * Excellent working environment * On the job training- No experience required for some positions * 401K * Employee and Dependent Health, Dental, Life, STD, LTD and AD&D. * Paid vacations and 10 paid holidays
We are looking to invest our time and efforts for the right individual who is willing to work hard, be reliable and give 100% effort on the job. This is an excellent career opportunity for the right individual that is willing to make their mark with our dynamic & growing company
POSITION TITLE: MAINTENANCE MECHANIC "A"
REPORTS TO: MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR
Conducts, maintains, tests and repairs electrical/electronic, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems and components. Applies knowledge of mechanical and electrical principles in determining equipment malfunctions and applies skills in restoring equipment to operation. Provides skilled mechanical and electrical/electronic support to all areas of Manufacturing.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Troubleshoots and repairs mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical/electronic equipment including but not limited to programmable controls, numeral controls, power supplies, drives, gauges and test equipment. * Installs, starts up and shuts down equipment in accordance with company safety procedures for machine activation and shutdown and in line with OSHA requirements. * Advises operators and line mechanics of operation procedures and requirements for working safely with electrical/electronic and mechanical equipment and components. * Informs appropriate management and line mechanics of potential electrical/mechanical problems and inherent dangers involved. * Maintains company-required performance and maintenance records for identified equipment. * Performs preventive maintenance functions as directed. * Assists maintenance personnel with technical troubleshooting. * Performs other duties as required.
What you need to succeed:
3-5 years of proven experience in the electrical/electronics, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic fields are required and the ability to demonstrate high proficiency in these areas.
* Knowledge of electrical/ electronic components and equipment including the use of special instruments for diagnostic purposes. * Experience and ability to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment. * Must be able to work well with all levels of personnel whether individually or in a team environment, and especially must be able to interface and communicate with line operators in order to assist with repairs and troubleshooting. * Willing to work second shift and overtime and weekends as required.
* Must be able to assist with hydraulic and pneumatic repairs. * Must have the ability to weld all position for repair purposes as well as fabrication.
* Must have knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance. * Computer experience/operation and PLC programming are necessary.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
* High school diploma or GED. * Successfully demonstrate all Class B qualifications. * Two-year technical degree or accredited apprenticeship program or the equivalent in a technical field is required.
Candidates are PREFERRED who offer the following:
* Prior work experience in the corrugated industry
* Able to read and follow instructions on factory masters.
Able to read a tape measure with speed and accuracy. Able to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, measurement, volume and rate. Able to apply concepts of high school math.
REASONING ABILITY Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or graphic form. Ability to deal with problems involving one or more concrete variables in standardized situations.
The individual must have a working knowledge of the following:
Equipment design and capabilities that can be translated into efficient operation.
Product layouts and production specifications
Product quality specifications
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
May be required to maintain a current Lift Truck Operator License and/or other appropriate certification to work in certain areas or on certain equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The performance of the employee will be measured as follows:
Operating standards - the employee will need to meet or exceed the Operating Standards in the areas of quality, cost, safety, customer satisfaction and productivity. Such standards will be set annually and communicated to the employee.
Personal growth - while the company will provide the tools to assist the employee to grow professionally the responsibility for moving forward lies with the individual. Each year there will be goals developed and agreed to by the employee and his/her superior.
Employee relations - through observations the employee will be evaluated regarding his/her behaviors associated with appropriate human interaction, respect and communication.
Creativity - this will be evaluated by how active the employee is in participating in advancing the business through new and innovative ideas.
What we offer:
* Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence * Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities * An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential * A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.