WestRock Die Maker Trainee in Hendersonville, North Carolina
About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com .
Die Maker Trainee-Hendersonville, NC
200 Tabor Rd
East Flat Rock, North Carolina, 28726
The Hendersonville Plant is seeking a Die Maker Trainee who will be an integral part of the Die Shop Team. The successful candidate will work with trained Die Makers to learn to program, machine, knife, rubber and assemble die boards, stripping boards, and blanking tools for the die cutting equipment. WestRock offers competitive pay and great benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), and many other great benefits after 30 days of employment.
How you will impact WestRock
· Learn to run the die making equipment, including the laser, router and waterjet.Learn to run the die making equipment, including the laser, router and waterjet.
· Learn to program and use the bender to make the knives for the dies.Learn to program and use the bender to make the knives for the dies.
· Learn the proper techniques for installing the knives into the die boards.Learn the proper techniques for installing the knives into the die boards.
· Learn the proper techniques for installing the rubber on the dies.Learn the proper techniques for installing the rubber on the dies.
· Assemble dies, stripping boards, and blanking tools for Die Cutting department.Assemble dies, stripping boards, and blanking tools for Die Cutting department.
· Verifies work is error-free prior to release to Die Cutting department.Verifies work is error-free prior to release to Die Cutting department.
· Purges old dies from inventory.Purges old dies from inventory.
· Packages tooling to be shipped out to other MPS plants.Packages tooling to be shipped out to other MPS plants.
· Maintains a clean and safe work area.Maintains a clean and safe work area.
· Performs other job duties as assigned.Performs other job duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed
- Experience in the operation and maintenance of a jig saw preferred.
- Must have the ability to read and write instructions and correspondence.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Must have strong mathematical skills.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must have basic personal computer skills including e-mail and word processing.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
- Must have the ability to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test or have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience.
- Must pass ruler test.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
What we offer
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Die Maker Trainee