WestRock Maintenance Technician in Hanover Park, Illinois
About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com .
Maintenance Technician - Hanover Park, IL
965 Muirfield Dr
Hanover Park, Illinois, 60103
Pay: $21.46 to $28.54 per/hr (based on exp./qual.) MONTHLY BONUS PAY-OUT
* Benefits: Eligible after 30 days (Med, Den, Vision and more) *
* 2nd and 3rd Shift Available *
* The opportunity: *
Maintenance Technician to perform routine and extensive preventative maintenance and repair procedures on electrical and mechanical systems involving production equipment and plant systems.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Performs skilled and semi-skilled maintenance activities depending upon area of assignment including performing basic trade activities such as electrical, plumbing and carpentry work
- Performs minor and major repair of all buildings and equipment.
- Repairs electrical equipment/systems and control circuits; and replaces faulty electrical equipment as needed. This troubleshooting element is inclusive of Three Phase Motors and Programmable Logical Controls (PLC) applications
- Must have a strong working knowledge of relay logic and be capable of applying this knowledge in the troubleshooting of the PLC’s in the production equipment
- Must have a strong understanding of NFPA 70E standards and be capable of applying these standards in the work situation.
- Installs electrical wiring and equipment; new electrical services; and replaces and repairs wiring as needed (including computer cable).
- Consults with Maintenance Manager, as needed, on electrical system issues; and, as assigned, serves in a project coordination role monitoring the activities of outside contractors.
- Maintains and repairs a variety of hand and power tools ensuing they are in safe and efficient working order.
- Performs preventive maintenance procedures on mechanical equipment on a scheduled basis; inspects belts, checks fluid levels, replaces filters, greases bearings, seals, etc.; repairs or replaces broken parts.
- May operate a computer which controls and monitors mechanical equipment and utility systems.
- Calibrates and repairs pneumatic systems and other mechanical systems on production equipment to assure optimum performance of that production process
- Completes daily, weekly and monthly checklists on building equipment maintenance procedures and maintains records of scheduled maintenance procedures
- Maintains records of scheduled maintenance procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Maintenance Manager or another member of the leadership team.
* What you need to succeed: *
Must be computer literate with a willingness to be an effective contributor to the plant’s goal of producing optimum quality and outstanding service levels to our customers through effective teamwork. Additional requirements include the ability to work third shift and overtime as required.
What we offer:
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential including
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are
business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.