WestRock Assembly Supervisor, 2nd Shift in Edwardsville, Illinois
Assembly Supervisor, 2nd Shift - Edwardsville, IL
3101 Westway Dr
Edwardsville, Illinois, 62025
WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com .
Assembly Supervisor, 2 nd Shift – Edwardsville, IL
Supervises the Assembly process which includes working both on the plant floor and in an office setting. The position monitors ongoing production task, production quantities and efficiencies, quality, safety and assures paperwork and computer entry is accurate
How you will impact WestRock:
- Maintain production line efficiency, quality, cleanliness and safety.
- Maintain all appropriate paperwork.
- Provide training for all employees.
- Conducts plant safety meetings.
- Maintain compliance with all safety rules/regulations in order to ensure a safe working environment.
- Ensures adherence to Federal Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Evaluate employee performance.
- Maintain accurate inventory counts.
- Be able to handle all aspects in employee relations.
What you need to succeed:
- Education - High school diploma or GED minimum. Associates Degree or Higher Preferred.
- Experience- 5-7+ years of supervisory experience in a production facility.
- Language Skills- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.May require the ability to write routine reports and correspondence.May require the ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Mathematical Skills- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Reasoning Skills- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of and basic computer skills.
What we offer:
· Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellenceCorporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
· Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunitiesComprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
· An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potentialAn attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
· A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Assembly Supervisor, 2nd Shift